Thursday 13 August 2009

No Parking Please

No Parking Please, originally uploaded by Lancaster Today.

Ok, so I've hiked up the vibrancy on this photo (if you look closely, the drain-pipe is a little too blue), and I might be accused of plagiarism if you know PJ's 'Daily Dublin Photo Blog' (check it out, it deserve more attention), but I still think there is something interesting about this subject.

The story behind this photo is that I walked down a quiet city centre side street - more of a lane actually - in order to get a photo of the fire brigade's practice tower which was peeping over the top of a wall adjacent to this gate. The gate sits alongside the back entrance to the Lancaster Fire & Rescue Service, which you can see in this photo. I guess the fire engines might occasionally be taken out through this back exit.

7 comments:

  1. I really like what you did with this picture Eamon! The color is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, RED and bold print. Hope everyone looking for a parking space takes the "hint."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are forgiven for too much colour... it adds to the photo nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gate doesn't look OVER-used, to put it like that... But it definitely should be visible to any would-be carparkers.

    PS You might avoid that blue pipe by marking just the gate and adjusting the red channel for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shot Eamon, and great colours. And thanks for mention of my blog and the link.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment in advance. All thoughts are appreciated ~ Eamon.